Re-ombréing my hair

By SugarPlumPosts - 14:22

So, I ombréd my hair again. I've had my hair ombréd blonde for almost a year now and I really do love the ombré/balayage look. Considering the first time I ombréd my hair was the first time I had permanently dyed it I don't think I did a bad job. However, I'm still not 100% happy and would love it to be more balayage and have highlights going through the top of my head and around my face too. But that would mean going to get it done professionally and I can't afford that right now! I would love to go all over blonde but I dare not do that myself haha. Before I re-ombréd my hair I had a 4 inch trim as it was getting pretty long. 

Here are some photos before I had my hair cut and what my ombré was like. 





Here is a photo after my hair was cut and before dyeing. And also some photos during the dyeing process.




The dye I used to create the look is the L'oréal Préférence Wild Ombrés brush on dip dye. 


 I find this a really easy set to use, especially for beginners. It comes with a brush (See below) which you just squirt the product onto and then brush on to your hair. I was worried this would create harsh lines but I applied it unevenly and then ruffled my hair with my hands with the dye on and the product seems to spread evenly. I used the No3 shade for blonde to dark blonde hair. 



My natural hair colour is a very dark blonde with a hint of ginger/red. So I was worried that it would turn my hair orange instead of blonde. However, the colour is nice especially at the tips where it is a very light blonde. I think the transition colour between the light blonde and my natural hair is a little too orange for my liking but not too bad. After I use the dye I use Touch of Silver twice a week brightening shampoo to take out any unwanted yellow tones.


This is the result. 



I am happy with it I just want the top of my head to be a little lighter.

What do you think? Have any of you got ombréd hair? If so, what did you use?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments