Product Review: Nivea in shower body moisturiser

By SugarPlumPosts - 10:52



About a year ago, first hearing about this product, I signed up for some free sachet testers. After using the testers I kind of forgot about the product until recently when I came across the full sized bottle and decided to give it a proper test. 

This product shouts convenience to any of you that are lazy like me and most days can't be bothered to spend 10 minutes moisturising the whole body after a shower/bath. Instead you slap this on all over in the shower and wash it straight off. Voilà! Smooth and moisturised skin in less than 5 minutes! Or so the bottle boasts... 

I found this product did not work for me at all. I did notice that once coming out of the shower my skin did feel slightly smoother to touch, but I think that is just the bit of residue left behind. But it doesn't actually moisturise. There is nothing actually on the bottle that says this is hydrating. Recently, a small dry patch of skin has appeared on my hip. The Skin Conditioner did nothing to make it go away whereas as soon as I switched to a balm bursting with essential oils and natural butters it was gone within days. It didn't particularly smell nice. And for the size of the bottle I got through it really quick. You have to use quite a bit of product. If I had bought the smaller bottle I predict I would have used it all within days.

My verdict? I wont be purchasing again... BUT if you have normal skin and just want it a bit more smooth to touch then this might be worth a try for days where you don't have time or the patience to moisturise the body dry. However, if your skin is dry and in need of extra hydration and moisture, this product is not for you. I love other Nivea products but this did not work for me.

 Have any of you tried this product? What were your thoughts? 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It's a pain but I definitely prefer to moisturise after my shower! x
    theenglishrosegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete